Champion’s Choice White Salt Block
Champion’s Choice White Salt Block is an economical and efficient means for introducing salt as a nutrient into an animal’s diet. Salt is needed by all classes of animals, but especially by herbivores (grass-eating animals).
Champion’s Choice White Salt Licks in the form of blocks. Economical and efficient means of introducing salt into the animals’ diet. This salt lick in he form of a block is intended for beef cattle, dairy cows, horses, goats, pigs, deer and sheep. Salt licks are weather resistant for free choice feeding.
When consumed in the right amounts, Champion’s Choice Agricultural Salt products can increase your animals’ overall wellness and performance, help improve and maintain skin and coat health, and increase milk production in lactating animals.
How does sodium deprivation occur in animals?
Sodium deprivation can be precipitated by dietary, climatic and disease factors and occurs under the following conditions:
When one or more of these conditions exist continuously for long periods and extra salt is not provided, sodium deprivation is inevitable.
- Rapidly growing animals given cereal-based diets that are inherently low in sodium
- Animals grazing pastures on soils naturally low in sodium
- Animals grazing pastures heavily fertilized with potassium
- Lactating animals, particularly cows, secreting large amounts of sodium in mild climates
- Tropical or hot, semi-arid climates, causing large losses of water and sodium in sweat
- Heavy or intense physical work that causes profuse sweating
- Animals with gut infections that cause diarrhea
What are the symptoms of salt deficiency in animals?
Some symptoms include rough coats, decreased performance, unusual eating habits like consuming dirt or chewing on tool handles, trees, board fences or another animal’s mane or tail. In poultry, an increase in pecking behavior, feather eating, general flock nervousness, and/or reduced egg production.
- Feed this supplement free-choice to animals.
- Ensure adequate supply of roughage and fresh water is available for all animals.
Salt, Dextrin (brick only).
|SALT (as NaCI)
|SALT (as NaCI)
For more information on Champion’s Choice White Salt Block call us today at (800)892-5868.